For a long time, the action genre has been dominated by hypermasculine protagonists saving the world and a damsel in distress or waging their own personal war.

.

But, particularly in the last couple of decades, women have been taking the lead. .

Title Directed By Female (15) Tough Girl (15) Two Word Title (15) Wedding (15) Cigarette (14) Corpse (14) Food (14) Gun (14) Held At Gunpoint (14) Lie (14) Magic (14).

By David Rooney.

Oct 3, 2020 · The All-Time Greatest Films Directed by Women. 100m. By David Robb.

Directed by Phillip Noyce.

by Jenna Guillaume. From. by Jenna Guillaume.

Domestic gross: $620. .

.

.

This 2000 film of his solidified his worldwide success when the film garnered an international following. Films by Julie Dash, Chantal Akerman, Chloe Zhao, Forough Farrokhzad, Jennifer Lee, and many other.

. These powerful, intelligent, and unique characters—each brought to life by peerless actresses—prove that women can (and should) be at the forefront.

Strong Female Lead (73) Kidnapping (72) Corpse (71) Gun (71) Beating (70) Girls With Guns (70) Slow Motion Scene (70) Brutality (69) Double Cross (69) Shot In The.
.
Kill Bill (2003) – The Bride (Uma Thurman) For the record, there are several Tarantino classics which feature a strong female lead ( Pulp Fiction, True Romance, From Dusk Till Dawn ), but Kill Bill has to take the cake.

.

.

Genre Action, Mystery, Thriller. We're talking. In the 2000s, 94% of all top movies were male-led, leaving only 6% female-led.

Late. Stars Angelina Jolie, Liev Schreiber, Chiwetel Ejiofor. A 2021 report found that 47. In the 2010s, those numbers changed dramatically: 66% of all top movies were male-led, and. 2 percent of lead actors in films in the United States that year were female.

.

. Kill Bill (2003) – The Bride (Uma Thurman) For the record, there are several Tarantino classics which feature a strong female lead ( Pulp Fiction, True Romance, From Dusk Till Dawn ), but Kill Bill has to take the cake.

Loy as Nora is wise-cracking and confident and is most definitely an equal partner to Nick.

After a car wreck on the winding Mulholland Drive renders a woman amnesiac, she and a perky Hollywood-hopeful search for clues and answers across Los Angeles in a twisting venture beyond dreams and reality.

Stars Angelina Jolie, Liev Schreiber, Chiwetel Ejiofor.

The 2000s saw tons of action-packed thrillers hit theaters, but none were quite as poignant as these 10 female-led psychological thrill.

Votes: 366,567 | Gross: $7.